Prostate is a walnut – sized gland that forms part of male reproductive system. The prostate is located in front of the rectum and just below the urinary bladder. It also surrounds the urethra, the canal through which urine passes out of the body. It is common for the prostate gland to become enlarged as men ages. Doctors call this condition Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). Sometimes prostate also enlarges as a result cancerous growth. Prostate tissue produces Prostate specific antigen (PSA) and prostatic acid phosphatase, an enzyme found in seminal fluid (the milky substance that combines with sperm to form semen).
A physical examination, patient history and evaluation of symptoms provide the basis for a diagnosis of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. The physical examination includes a digital rectal examination (DRE), and symptoms evaluation is obtained from the results of the AUA symptom index.
- Digital Rectal Examination (DRE)
- PSA Test
- Ultrasound Prostate with post-void Residue (PVR)
Incidental diagnosis during prostate biopsy Presence WBC in prostatic secretions or semen
- Chronic Prostatic Inflammation
- Proliferative Inflammatory Atrophy (PIA)
- Prostatic Intra-Epithelial Neoplasia (PIN)
- prostate cancer
Our homeopathy’s treatment is a safe and natural alternative to surgery and plays a vital role in reducing the size of the prostate if administered timely. The treatment of prostate enlargement in homeopathy has been appreciated everywhere. Mild to moderate symptoms of urinary retention, increased frequency at night and a weak stream should strongly consider homeopathic treatment for duration of 4-6 months.
- Homeopathic remedies having anti-tumor properties are prescribed.
- The prescribed remedy helps in : reducing the size of the enlarged Prostate, counteracts infection in the urinary tract and improves sphincter control.
- The treatment outcome does depend on the extent of prostatic hypertrophy.
Role of Prostate Massage
Therapeutic prostate massage milks out the congested fluid (in the same way that a sponge is emptied when it is squeezed), opens passages, shrinks and cleanses the prostate gland. Decreasing the amounts of congested, inflamed and toxic fluids is the main factor in prevention and treatment of prostatitis, BPH, or even cancer. Even the chronic and persistent prostatitis can be improved with the therapeutic prostate massage.